Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good webhosting company suggestions ?

1. Oct 24, 2008 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm looking for a not-to-expensive webhosting company for relatively small sites. I'm currently with Lycos, but they are extremely lousy and expensive for the bad service you get. I heard 1on1 isn't too bad, but what are the experiences and are there other suggestions ?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2008 #2
    I used awardspace.com in the past. Cheap prices and a lot of features, space, and bandwidth. Great for a hobbyist.
  4. Oct 26, 2008 #3
    Doesn't Lycos still offer free accounts?
    If you are in North America, you could try Brinkster. They have free accounts with no ads, and no hassles. Three (free) packages to choose from, personal to developer. The last one has access to ASP.NET and MS Access. Limited daily traffic.
    If you want, paids packages start at 4$ a month, with a choice of Linux or Windows technologies. I have a paid account with them for the past four years. Excellent e-mail, chat and phone support, but rarely needed. Excellent up-time.
    Hope I don't get deleted by the moderators, but you asked for the info!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?