Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google offering free wireless broadband

1. Apr 1, 2007 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2007 #2
    Is it just me or is google reallllly starting to grow. I mean lately, skype, google talk, video, youtube, now broadband? They are turning into a walmart. I must say though, all of their ideas are very well thought out and I like all their tools.Thanks for the link, I will read about it. :-)

edit: ROFL this post is golden now that I have read it. :rofl:

I had my hopes up that it would be a skype pc-to-telephone type deal where they snag you with free stuff but then start charging later. :frown:
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  4. Apr 1, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

:rofl: very nice. I have to admit, I didn't really get it to start with, but as soon as I opened the "how TiSP works" page it's pretty clear it's a joke!
  5. Apr 1, 2007 #4
    april fools day, duhhh I shoulda known. lol
  6. Apr 1, 2007 #5
    Oh, and did you hear about Mozilla suing MS for the use of tabs?

You see a couple of news items like this on /. and you know what's it all about even before reading the article.
  7. Apr 1, 2007 #6
    At long last, sanitary online access. Bravo!
  8. Apr 1, 2007 #7
    Hahaha, Google always seems to do good april fool's jokes. I think last year's was about a Google Energy drink.
  9. Apr 1, 2007 #8

Homework Helper

Even better, now there's Gmail paper!! :rofl:

"post consumer organic soybean sputum" - there's gold for you! :biggrin:
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  10. Apr 2, 2007 #9
    It took me 30 minutes to get it :frown:
  11. Apr 4, 2007 #10
    on the FAQ page

there's a link in the "Does my water company support TiSP?" paragraph to "A full list of companies" that explains the "physics"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?