Got a bowl stuck upside down in a pressure cooker

In summary, the conversation discusses methods for removing a small bowl stuck in a pressure cooker. The suggested solutions include using ice, hot water, and vegetable oil to expand and contract the surfaces, as well as using a plumbers helper to pull the bowl out. The importance of properly uploading pictures is also mentioned.
Hephzibah77
I got a small bowl stuck in a pressure cooker. can someone help... I have attached a picture idk if its clear or not but anywayhttps://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/229166

Physics news on Phys.org
The attachment does not work.

Use the UPLOAD button to show pictures in a post. UPLOAD is at the bottom of the edit window next to PRIEVIEW. After uploading, new opitons appear at the bottom for THUMBNAIL, or FULL IMAGE. Click on the FULL IMAGE and the picture will be included directly in your post.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Fill bowl with ice.

Or stand pressure cooker in a basin of hot water to expand it and put ice in the bowl to contract it. Leave to stand then tip upside down on the lawn or similar.

Likes anorlunda
Rub some vegetable oil on stuck surfaces, attach a plumbers helper to the bowl, and then pull like hell while holding the pressure cooker with your feet. Actually, you should not have to pull too hard.

upload_2018-8-12_11-30-55.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-12_11-30-55.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-12_11-30-55.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 423

What could cause a bowl to get stuck upside down in a pressure cooker?

There are a few potential reasons for this, such as the bowl being slightly too large for the pressure cooker or the pressure cooker being too full. Another possibility is that the pressure cooker was not properly sealed before use, causing the pressure to build up and push the bowl against the lid.

How can I safely remove a bowl stuck upside down in a pressure cooker?

The first step is to turn off the pressure cooker and allow it to cool down. Once it is safe to handle, you can try using a kitchen towel or oven mitts to carefully lift the pressure cooker lid and remove the bowl. If the bowl is still stuck, you can try gently tapping the sides of the pressure cooker to loosen it.

Is it safe to use a pressure cooker with a bowl stuck inside?

No, it is not safe to use a pressure cooker with anything stuck inside. The pressure cooker needs to be able to properly seal and build pressure for it to function correctly. Using it with a bowl stuck inside could result in an explosion or other dangerous situations.

Can I prevent a bowl from getting stuck upside down in a pressure cooker?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening. First, make sure to use a bowl that fits comfortably inside the pressure cooker. Additionally, always make sure the pressure cooker is properly sealed before use, and do not fill it too full to avoid any objects getting stuck against the lid.

What should I do if the bowl is still stuck after trying to remove it?

If the bowl is still stuck, do not try to force it out as this could cause damage to the pressure cooker or injure yourself. Instead, try running the pressure cooker under cold water to reduce the pressure inside and release the bowl. If this does not work, it is best to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.