Got my new Cub Cadet zero-turn mower today.

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, two individuals are discussing their lawnmowers. One person has a Cub Cadet tractor with a 42" deck, which they find to be zippy and efficient. They plan on selling their old John Deere 318 for $800, as it is a tough, well-built tractor. The other person has purchased a Deere for the same price and finds it to be a nice tractor, but prefers their Cub Cadet. They also mention visiting a lawnmower museum in Southport, Merseyside.
turbo
Gold Member
What a nice machine! 42" deck, so it can sneak around my little fruit trees better than that old John Deer 318 with its 50" deck. Plus, the Cub is pretty zippy and ought to cut mowing time, even with the smaller deck.

I'm going to park the Deere out by the road with a sign offering it for $800. That should be attractive to somebody, since I can't find one on-line for less than $1000. Very tough old tractors with frame-members heavy enough for a pickup truck.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a Cub Cadet tractor, the twin cylinder Kohler engine model. I've been riding mowers since I was ten and it is really nice, IMHO the best I've had.

Enjoy yours!

Thanks. It's been raining since I got it, but the sun is peeking out now. I'll have to police the yard and mow tomorrow.

My nephew bought the Deere for the "street" asking price - no problem. It is a very nice tractor. I still like the Cub Cadet better, though it can be tricky in the corners. The lever-steering/speed control can be a bit hard to contend with.

1. What are the features of the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower?

The Cub Cadet zero-turn mower is equipped with a powerful engine, a durable cutting deck, and a comfortable seat. It also has a zero-turn steering system, allowing for easy maneuverability and precise mowing.

2. How does the zero-turn steering system work?

The zero-turn steering system uses individual wheel motors to control the speed and direction of each wheel. This allows for a zero-degree turning radius, making it easier to navigate around obstacles and mow in tight spaces.

3. Is the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower suitable for large yards?

Yes, the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower is designed for both residential and commercial use, making it suitable for large yards. Its powerful engine and wide cutting deck can cover a large area efficiently.

4. What is the maintenance schedule for the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower?

The maintenance schedule for the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower includes regular oil changes, blade sharpening, and air filter cleaning. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for specific maintenance intervals.

5. Can the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower be used for other tasks besides mowing?

Yes, the Cub Cadet zero-turn mower can be used for other tasks such as mulching, bagging, and towing. It also has attachments available for snow removal and leaf collection, making it a versatile tool for lawn care.

Back