Gravitational Field Difference on body near a black hole.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
BCHurricane89
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


This is not a homework problem per se, but more of boredom, and curiosity. I was trying to calculate the gravitational field difference on a human body if it were near a black hole. Used Newtons universal law of gravitation, and such, and got my numbers. Despite the numbers I got, it just does not seem like a HUGE difference than what I had imagined. Might I have did something wrong? I have attached my writeup on the subject with all the work and calculations done. See what you think. Thanks!
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
1020 Newtons? Seems like a huge difference to me! Remember that people were pulled apart during the Middle Ages using much less force than that. In fact, that's probably a larger force than you'd find pretty much anywhere on Earth.

P.S. It would be much appreciated if you didn't post attachments in MS Word format.
 
Last edited: