1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravitational Field Difference on body near a black hole.

1. Dec 5, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    This is not a homework problem per se, but more of boredom, and curiosity. I was trying to calculate the gravitational field difference on a human body if it were near a black hole. Used newtons universal law of gravitation, and such, and got my numbers. Despite the numbers I got, it just does not seem like a HUGE difference than what I had imagined. Might I have did something wrong? I have attached my writeup on the subject with all the work and calculations done. See what you think. Thanks!
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2009 #2

diazona

Homework Helper

1020 Newtons? Seems like a huge difference to me! Remember that people were pulled apart during the Middle Ages using much less force than that. In fact, that's probably a larger force than you'd find pretty much anywhere on Earth.

P.S. It would be much appreciated if you didn't post attachments in MS Word format.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook