Ground circuit and kirchhoff law(holiday 27.30)

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Kirchhoff's law in a circuit problem. The speaker found a solution using the law, but is unsure if their method was correct due to the circuit being grounded. They also question if charge still needs to be conserved in a grounded circuit and if Kirchhoff's law can still be applied. Another speaker mentions that the ground in an electrical circuit is isolated and does not create any work. They also mention that the current going to ground is 0 according to Kirchhoff's law, but are unsure why.
skyhj105

Homework Statement

I attatched my question as a picture

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1.i found a solution using kirchhoff law, V1=-11V,V2=-9V
and it was correct. but i`m not sure that my method was right.
i know that kirchhoff law is originated from charge and energy conservation but in the problem there is a circuit which is grounded, so i think that charge can in and out through it. consequently, charge doesn`t have to conserve in circuit.
can i use kirchhoff law in this problem? and why?2.i found that current go to ground is 0 using kirchhoff law. but i don`t know why it is

[/B]

Attachments

• 제목 없음.png
    제목 없음.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 670
Physics news on Phys.org
If you see the ground and electrical circuit is an isolation system. V at ground =0. On the other hand, the ground doesn't create works.

1. What is a ground circuit?

A ground circuit is a pathway that connects electrical components to the earth's surface, allowing excess electrical charges to dissipate safely. It acts as a safety mechanism to prevent electrical shocks and damage to equipment.

2. How does a ground circuit work?

A ground circuit works by providing an alternate path for electrical current to flow to the earth's surface. It is typically connected to a metal rod or plate buried in the ground, which acts as a conductor to dissipate the current. This prevents the current from flowing through an individual's body or causing damage to equipment.

3. What is Kirchhoff's Law?

Kirchhoff's Law, also known as Kirchhoff's Current Law and Kirchhoff's Voltage Law, are fundamental principles in electrical engineering that govern the behavior of electrical circuits. Kirchhoff's Current Law states that the sum of currents entering a junction in a circuit must equal the sum of the currents leaving that junction. Kirchhoff's Voltage Law states that the sum of voltage drops in a closed loop must equal the sum of voltage sources in that loop.

4. How is Kirchhoff's Law applied in holiday 27.30?

In holiday 27.30, Kirchhoff's Law can be applied to analyze and calculate the currents and voltages in a circuit. By using Kirchhoff's Current Law and Voltage Law, one can determine the values of unknown currents and voltages in a holiday 27.30 circuit.

5. Why is understanding ground circuit and Kirchhoff's Law important in electrical engineering?

Understanding ground circuit and Kirchhoff's Law is important in electrical engineering as it allows engineers to design and analyze complex circuits. By applying these principles, engineers can ensure the safe and efficient operation of electrical systems and troubleshoot any issues that may arise. Additionally, a thorough understanding of these concepts is necessary for passing professional engineering exams and for a successful career in the field of electrical engineering.