Is there a benefit to looking like a body builder?

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary: I don't like him.He's got a major ego...I don't like him.And I don't think he's very attractive either.And I don't think he's very attractive either.
Man, I have no respect for those steroid using bodybuilders. Sorry, I just dont.

Thats like me praising a scientist that cheated to get his award. Ant going to happen.

I already said that they are nice people. But that does not make it any better!

Physics news on Phys.org
cyrusabdollahi said:
Man, I have no respect for those steroid using bodybuilders. Sorry, I just dont.

Thats like me praising a scientist that cheated to get his award. Ant going to happen.

I already said that they are nice people. But that does not make it any better!

No, I do not take steroids and I never intend too.

It's not cheating because he's at a no testing level of bodybuilding. There are natural bodybuilding competitions, which he has won in the past.

You can't compare this to a scientist either. It makes no sense because they are completely different. The analogy doesn't even relate.

Anyways, your critical attitudes towards bigger guys at the gym clearly displays that you have personal issues to deal with. It's totally obvious in this thread.

JasonRox said:
No, I do not take steroids and I never intend too.

Well, three cheers for that. I am glad you won't stoop to that level. I've seen one to many a people do it. :frown:

It's not cheating because he's at a no testing level of bodybuilding. There are natural bodybuilding competitions, which he has won in the past.

Like I said, good for all natural. But now he's a junky using freakezoid. Just look at him man!

You can't compare this to a scientist either. It makes no sense because they are completely different. The analogy doesn't even relate.

The point is, he has gone way beyond what a normal body should hold on its frame. He looks like a retarded meathead.

Anyways, your critical attitudes towards bigger guys at the gym clearly displays that you have personal issues to deal with. It's totally obvious in this thread.

I said they are nice people, but they are dumbasses for taking roids to get as big as they are.

Your body just isint made to pump that much blood throughout it. He will get a heart attack, its just a matter of how far in the future.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Your body just isint made to pump that much blood throughout your body. He will get a heart attack, its just a matter of how far in the future.

Not the best choice, but neither is playing hockey for a living.

Both professions finish their careers with their own share of physical problems. Meanwhile both could have gone to school and get a better job, but making less money.

Personally, I'd rather make less money.

Also, it isn't about money either. It's usually for the love of it.

Dude, I love to workout and exercise too. But this guy is a clown!

When you bodybuild naturally and you become big that's great.

But when you feel like you need to get this freakishly big, you have problems. He might have Muscle Dysmorphia. Who in their right mind would want to become a freak of nature like that?

cyrusabdollahi said:
But when you feel like you need to get this freakishly big, you have problems. He might have Muscle Dysmorphia. Who in their right mind would want to become a freak of nature like that?

I have no idea.

But who in there right mind would study science day in and day out? That's the same question he can ask us.

We have our issues, but I don't think he suffers anything psychologically regarding his size. Arnold Schwarznegger (spelling?) seems pretty good to me. You never hear about him obessing about his size and he was quite large in the past. So, if he had Muscle Dysmorphia, wouldn't he still display that disorder?

JasonRox said:
I have no idea.

But who in there right mind would study science day in and day out? That's the same question he can ask us.

Well, we are trying to advance society by making meaningful contributions. This guy is a mere freakshow for people to spectate and point at.

Arnold Schwarznegger (spelling?) seems pretty good to me. You never hear about him obessing about his size and he was quite large in the past. So, if he had Muscle Dysmorphia, wouldn't he still display that disorder?

Dude, have you see arnold next to these guys? He's TINY! Arnold was no where near as big as these freaks are today!

cyrusabdollahi said:
He might have Muscle Dysmorphia.

He also might not have Muscle Dysmorphia.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Who in their right mind would want to become a freak of nature like that?

Dunno, who in their right mind would want to pierce their nipples or nose? One persons freakish might be anothers idea of awesome. It doesn't mean that there's something mentally wrong with the person you (or even the majority of people) consider "freakish". He may even consider himself freakish, but enjoys entertaining his fans and is willing to make this sacrifice.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Well, we are trying to advance society by making meaningful contributions. This guy is a mere freakshow for people to spectate and point at.

Is entertainment not considered a meaningful contribution?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Dude, have you see arnold next to these guys? He's TINY! Arnold was no where near as big as these freaks are today!

Just because they are bigger doesn't mean they are at a higher risk of Muscle Dysmorphia. The was to show that there are lots of people getting big without that disorder.

It's almost as if you'd go to the gym running around yelling at girls, who are thin and working out, about how they may be suffering from mental disorders like anorexia because they want to be thin.

JasonRox said:
Both professions finish their careers with their own share of physical problems. Meanwhile both could have gone to school and get a better job, but making less money.

In the case of a pro hockey player, probably much, much less money :tongue:. An NHLer will probably make more in their first 5-10 years then they would over an entire career of something else they are capable of. This is more a reflection on their high wages then their ability to do other jobs (many are very intelligent, and very hard working).

But yeah, love of the game. Even with broken bodies, I wonder how many pro hockey players keep playing after retirement, I'd expect most.

shmoe said:
In the case of a pro hockey player, probably much, much less money :tongue:. An NHLer will probably make more in their first 5-10 years then they would over an entire career of something else they are capable of. This is more a reflection on their high wages then their ability to do other jobs (many are very intelligent, and very hard working).

But yeah, love of the game. Even with broken bodies, I wonder how many pro hockey players keep playing after retirement, I'd expect most.

They'd play casually, but that's about it. I doubt any of them would play rough after retiring.

A goalie on TSN once said that every NHL goalie retires with atleast one replaced knee cap, meanwhile both of his are artificial. Hockey players take a lot of damage to their bodies with great pain, meanwhile also always being away from family. I don't think I love the game that much to go through it though.

Look at how much bigger he is than arnold...:bugeye:

arnold215.jpg

036.jpg

cyrusabdollahi said:
Look at how much bigger he is than arnold...:bugeye:
036.jpg
EWWWWWWWWW

EWWWWWWWWW

EWWWWWWWWW

That is so gross!

Evo said:
EWWWWWWWWW

EWWWWWWWWW

EWWWWWWWWW

That is so gross!

what the heck. I thought girls/women like big muscles.

Physics_wiz said:
EWWWWW NO!

That's not muscle, that's a FREAK. :yuck:

She Is A Kleinfelter Female On Steroids

Yow! She Is A KLINEFELTER Female On Steroids

Last edited:
so one more pic i got...and now what do you think!

Attachments

• vbmnnnnn'.jpg
    vbmnnnnn'.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 460
I don't think it's the same person.

- Warren

yeah it seems ...but truly its the same person..

The second one looks like a woman...

So which is it?

here it goes...so guys who told it's a Woman...are correct...!:rofl:

what can i say...
Brain + Beauty + muscles:biggrin:

Attachments

• 22589572.jpg
    22589572.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 806
  • 22589572g.jpg
    22589572g.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 525
  • fgdgh.jpg
    fgdgh.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 561
Physics_wiz said:

Try one from about 30 years ago

fz22.jpg

Frank Zane, complete with beach, spring, corset(?), and a woman to hold your surfboard.

Or one from 60 some years ago

jg143.jpg

John Grimek who had the beach but couldn't afford the girl or even a bench.

These are from http://mrolympia.altervista.org/ Sadly it's an alphabetical list and not roughly chronological, but browsing through you can see how the Mr. Olympias have changed. Zane was one of the last reasonably sized one, he was under 200lbs and in the 5'9" range. Not at all monstrous like they seem to encourage today.

Last edited by a moderator:
See Shmoe, those guys look muchhhhhhhhh better. Frank Zane actually looks very good and well proportioned.

Too bad that girl with Frank Zane is old now. :(

cyrusabdollahi said:
See Shmoe, those guys look muchhhhhhhhh better. Frank Zane actually looks very good and well proportioned.

You say that now until you see Zane in competition form.

Jay Cutler has never won Mr. Olympia. Ronnie Coleman has been winning them lately because he is well proportioned and quite symmetrical too. He's obviously very big, but Jay Cutler is currently bigger I believe.

http://www.schwarzenegger.it/mro/coleman/rc227.jpg

Ronnie Coleman is another freakshow... :yuck:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Ronnie Coleman is another freakshow... :yuck:

In the end, I don't find it surprising that he doesn't get girls.

Note: I'm assuming that. I know he's not married and does not have a girlfriend as of now. Cutler is married though. She's in the video spotting Cutler.

At least arnold did not look like a junky...

http://www.zegatao.muscle.nom.br/varios/ronnie%20coleman(2002),%20arnold%20schwarzenegger(1975).jpg

Look at his legs, they are about to explode and leak out creatine and steorids...

cyrusabdollahi said:

You don't have to tell me that! In competition shape, he looks a little scarier, but nothing like the pros these days. I think he'd often compete at 185-190 lbs or so, which is really not *that* big for his height. Pros these days can't do http://www.schwarzenegger.it/mro/zane/fz110.jpg" with their bloated bellies.

It was a different time 30 some years ago. Men could be men, their manliness wouldn't be questioned if they did a photo shoot frolicking with another greased up chum wearing nothing but a sock and a bit of string to protect their wedding tackle from the sun's harsh rays (http://www.schwarzenegger.it/mro/scott/ls111.jpg" .

JasonRox said:
In the end, I don't find it surprising that he doesn't get girls.

Note: I'm assuming that. I know he's not married and does not have a girlfriend as of now. Cutler is married though. She's in the video spotting Cutler.

He's apparently married to Vickie Gates http://www.bodybuilders.com/gates.htm

shmoe said:
He's apparently married to Vickie Gates http://www.bodybuilders.com/gates.htm

Just like the Ugly attracts Ugly theory and we now have Freak attracts Freak theory. :biggrin:

Yeah, I've seen some nasty GH guts before. Freaking gross. (Talking about how pros can't suck in their gut.)

Cyrusabdollahi, this man ran 350 miles nonstop.

http://runtrails.blogspot.com/2005/10/karnazes-completes-350-mile-run.html

Do you consider him a freak too because he pushed himself past what most humans are typically capable of?

As a side note, no pro bodybuilder comes close to Ronnie Coleman's size or strength. Jay Cutler is a bit more aesthetic, which is why some people prefer his look over Coleman's.

JasonRox said:
Just like the Ugly attracts Ugly theory and we now have Freak attracts Freak theory. :biggrin:

Yeah, I've seen some nasty GH guts before. Freaking gross. (Talking about how pros can't suck in their gut.)

It's the GH combined with insulin, and eating 6000+ calories a day. I feel bloated from eating 3-4000 calories-- imagine how their stomaches feel?

heman said:
yeah it seems ...but truly its the same person..
Ok Ok now I got it why you didn't tell us the truth about your gender. So please stop posting those pics... :tongue2: