Is there a benefit to looking like a body builder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter heman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
90 replies · 48K views
cyrusabdollahi said:
Too bad, he looked really good back in the day...

211greg-young.jpg


Doesnt even look like the same person anymore. Even his face is bloated.
I agree. While I still don't find that look attractive (I'd like to see a little fat softening the rough edges, but that's just my taste), in that photo, he looks proportional and, well, human. When body builders looked like that, I could at least understand why people would choose to go for that look and why some would be attracted to it. In his more recent photos, he looks just plain grotesque. There's no overall plan, no attention to accentuating natural appearance, but distorting and bloating one's shape to something completely unnatural.

I also cannot get past the idea that someone who is spending as much time as they must to get their body to look like that must be completely obsessed or self-absorbed. I prefer a more natural muscular look, the kind you get from doing hard, manual labor.