Guidance in Gambit 2.4 -- How change airfoil chords in Wells turbine model?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
amir star
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
hi my dear friends,

Wells turbine is the subject of the my Thesis:

http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/37346220310608280524.jpg
i make below model in gambit 2.4 ,But now I want to make the upper airfoil cord bigger than the bottom one.

below model is constant,attention to third pictures( Attend dash line)

http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/02095749321854107784.jpg

[PLAIN]http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/54732704053427838378.jpg http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/33345987589287448245.png

Now Here,
I do not think the sweep tool is efficient(attention to below picture ).

http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/42573181976873875991.jpg

I think that have the coordinates of the vertexes from the two airfoils(for blade),I can easily Create New model.

Do not know of a site that would provide the coordinates airfoils with different chord?

The following sites provides coordinates but I think cords are identical:

http://m-selig.ae.illinois.edu/ads/coord_database.html

http://airfoiltools.com/

Another way you know, Guide me.thanks for your help.

Previous model:

[PLAIN]http://www.upload7.ir/imgs/2014-10/54732704053427838378.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org