1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guidance Needed For Undergrad Research

1. Jan 26, 2010 #1
    Hi all.

I'm an undergrad student of EE with specialization in Telecommunications and I need guidance for doing undergrad research? Here are my questions:

1- What are most important ingredients to carry out a good undergrad research?
    2- How can I publish an undergrad research thesis/paper in some scientific journal?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2010 #2
    1. Find a professor to work with who has a strong reputation, who is friendly and helpful, and who will recognize and respect serious effort and dedication on your part.
    2. See #1, or just find a professor who just wants you as a lackey, writes a paper on his own, asks you to proofread the paper and then doesn't accept any of your revisions even though he barely speaks English, and then puts your name on it, which is what happened to me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook