1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guidance on approach physics and mathematics

1. Mar 9, 2014 #1
    Hello physics forum, I am a physics major who is currently working on getting my bachelor's degree , and also considering on majoring in mathematics. I find physics and mathematics very interesting and exciting . I want to asks , how can I improve as physics and mathematical student ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2014 #2
    Learn how your long term memory works.

Here's just one example, but there are a lot of books and articles you can read (keep in mind, understanding is more important than memory, though).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacing_effect

Browse different textbooks (and the internet, etc) and find the best explanations of everything out of all the books and then put them together, but also think about your own explanations and see if you can do better. Get help from professors.

I get tired of repeating my same advice over and over, so this is somewhat abbreviated. (and this may mean I'll be away from physics forums again for a long time, at some point).

4. Mar 9, 2014 #3
    Thank you . I will take this advice very seriously .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook