I'd like guidelines on how to go about my assignment. I don't need the answers to the quetions, but rather an explanation on what should be in the answer. Below is the assignment, I need help with the bolded part of the quote and nothing else. Thanks alot! The ictalized parts are what I'm done with.
To find the external force acting on a system
Materials and apparatus
A tennis ball
a stop watch with accuracy to 0.01s
a tape measure
and if possible a pool stick cut I am sure we will be able to substitute something.
1. Mark a straight line alone a floor in a relatively large room
2. Along that line, mark an x every 15cm
3. Place the ball at one end of the line and with a stick or something to that effect, push it with a suitable force
4. Time how long it takes to complete every 15cm interval until the ball stops
5. Repeat the above 4 more times
6. Place the data into the table below
7. Find the mass of the ball
8. Do calculations
9. Plot a graph – velocity against cumulative time
Distance interval /m Exp I – t/s Exp 2 –t/s Exp 3 – t/s Exp 4 –t/s Exp 5 –t/s Ave t/s Velocity C. time
What is a force?
Is there a force being applied here, if yes, what?
Explain the rationale of your method
Explain applications on knowing the force being applied
State sources of error, limitations and precautions
Explain what is going on in relation to Newton’s first and second law of motion – including momentum
Explain how this proves Aristotle’s law wrong
Any other business that you may see fit
The value of the retarding force acting on the tennis ball is _______N