Guilty Pleasures: Admit to music you'd be made fun of for listening to!

• Music
  • Thread starter walkeraj
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
walkeraj
Music Playing: "Jive Talking", "Night Fever", followed by "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees. On Bee Gees Greatest.

*Gets down off disco ball*

We all do it. We all groove to it. Now admit to it! What do you shamelessly listen to?

Science news on Phys.org
I listen to whatever I feel like. I neither know nor care about the musical prejudices held by others.

Likes nsaspook, BillTre and strangerep
Wagner and The Monkees. The shame is relentless........

hutchphd said:
Wagner and The Monkees. The shame is relentless........
I'll see your Monkees and raise with Neil Diamond. Please don't tell anyone.

EDM
Too old for drug induced dancing, unless I'm in Las Vegas.
1709423435164.png

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31349134/
Results: We estimate that a third (33.5%) of EDM party attendees have experienced a drug-related adverse effect in the past year. Two-thirds (67.8%) of adverse effects involved use of alcohol. Relative to use, adverse effects most commonly resulted from use of opioids (e.g., prescription opioid misuse, 41.2%) or alcohol (33.9%). Among those reporting an adverse effect, concomitant use of other drugs was common, particularly among users of LSD (56.5%), ketamine (56.3%), cocaine (55.7%), and ecstasy/MDMA/Molly (47.7%). Adverse effects resulting from synthetic cathinone ("bath salt") use were most likely to result in a hospital visit (57.1%).

Conclusion: Adverse effects from drug use are common among those in the EDM party scene and polydrug use appears to be a common risk factor. More research is needed, however, to determine the extent of event-specific adverse outcomes. Results can inform prevention and harm reduction efforts in this population.

Justin Bieber has great natural talent. Kenny G, a lot of expressiveness. Though I think Ami Nakazono is even better than G.

I'm baffled by the appeal of some extremely popular artists.