1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Has anyone attended University of Colorado?

1. Jan 29, 2012 #1
    Boulder campus for engineering? Did you like the curriculum and campus?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2012 #2
    I'm a current EE student there and really enjoy it. From your other thread, I'll tell you that they have a lot of aerospace projects going on there. Check out this website.

http://spacegrant.colorado.edu/

Overall, I would say it's a pretty difficult school. The applied math department will really kick your butt with Calc 1-3 and then Diffy Q/Linear Algebra. They put a fairly heavy workload in their classes, mostly due to the projects they assign. But you'll learn a lot of math modeling and MATLAB from those classes so it's worth it.

The campus is beautiful and right next to the mountains. Once the weather gets a little warmer, I plan on going on some hikes in between classes. Many students use various modes of transportation around campus: bikes, skateboards, longboards, even unicycles. Haha so when you're walking you might have to be cautious because they usually won't give a walker the right away which sometimes can get a bit annoying. In contrast to other campuses I've attended, everyone here is pretty social which is going to be a huge benefit once looking for a job comes near. It's also great when looking to study in groups and of course friendship. Let me know if you have anymore questions or PM me, whichever.

4. Jan 30, 2012 #3
    I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning.. signed up for some tour thing. I wrote my 2 personal essays tonight. do you know what the acceptance rate is?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook