Has attaching an image changed?

• Thread starter Nathanael
  • Start date
In summary, the user has difficulty finding the "add attachment" button and thinks something has changed about how images are attached. There are 4 big buttons with different labels near the bottom of the reply window. After uploading the image, the user has the option to display it at full-width.
Nathanael
Homework Helper
I can't seem to find out how to attach an image anymore. I've done it many times in the past (months ago) but now I can't find the 'add attachment' button. Has something changed about the way you are supposed to attach images?

(Side note that might be related: What is the "whiteboard"? It doesn't load for me.)

Physics news on Phys.org
It's the little picture that looks like a portrait of mountains or something in between the smilies and the reel strip. Almost didn't recognize you since you changed your picture haha.

BiGyElLoWhAt said:
It's the little picture that looks like a portrait of mountains or something in between the smilies and the reel strip. Almost didn't recognize you since you changed your picture haha.
I saw this but it asks for a URL, so we need to upload the image to a website first?

And yeah, I think Feynman got enough face time :)

Oh, click the upload at the bottom, and you can browse from there. ;)

BiGyElLoWhAt said:
Oh, click the upload at the bottom, and you can browse from there. ;)
That's the problem: I used to do this but now I can't find the upload button. I might have gone blind but I really can't find it anymore o0)

Below the reply text window, there are 4 big buttons, labeled "POST REPLY" "PREVIEW..." "UPLOAD" "WHITEBOARD"

Do you have all 4 of those buttons, or fewer?

BTW, after uploading you have an option to display the uploaded image at full-width in the post. That's a nice feature improvement over the old forum software, IMO. :smile:

Likes Nathanael
On my screen it's to the left of the whiteboard. right of preview... 2 to the right of post reply. Not to add insult to injury, but ...

Attachments

• upload_creation_FRANKENSTEIN.png
    upload_creation_FRANKENSTEIN.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 456
Sorry, I'm bored at work =P

LOL :biggrin:

BiGyElLoWhAt said:
On my screen it's to the left of the whiteboard. right of preview... 2 to the right of post reply. Not to add insult to injury, but ...
Hahahah

But it wasn't there before... I know it wasn't because I thought it should be there so I checked those buttons. (That's why I asked about whiteboard.)
Somehow it's there now... I sound like a crazy person but it honestly wasn't there... ?:) Maybe I am crazy

edit:
Another small detail is different now too... Greg must be pranking me :rolleyes:

Nathanael said:
Hahahah...
...Maybe I am crazy

Says the guy who removed his feynman avatar...

Likes Nathanael
Culprit found:
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 13.37.55.png

It seems I wasn't yet logged in when I was trying to upload the image o0)

BiG I almost didn't recognize you!

Likes berkeman
XD
You inspired me. King has been with me since the beginning. It might change again here soon. I'm not sure what to go with. Obviously something metal, though.

I think this one's going to stay.

@berkeman: Somehow I didn't see your #6 or #7 the first time around. This happened a couple times with HallsOfIvy's posts in two different threads. It might just be my fault, but it's kind of hard to miss two consecutive replies. (Then again, I am crazy, sooo...)

BiGyElLoWhAt said:
I think this one's going to stay.
I approve :)

Likes BiGyElLoWhAt and berkeman

1. Has attaching an image changed the way we communicate?

Yes, attaching images has significantly changed the way we communicate. With the rise of social media and messaging apps, images have become a popular form of communication, allowing us to express ourselves in more visual and creative ways.

2. How has attaching an image impacted the way we share information?

Attaching images has made sharing information more efficient and effective. Images can convey complex messages and data in a more digestible and engaging format, making it easier to understand and remember.

3. Is attaching an image a better way to communicate compared to text-only messages?

It depends on the context and purpose of the communication. Images can enhance and complement text messages, but they may not always be necessary. Sometimes, a simple text message can be more effective in conveying a message.

4. Are there any downsides to attaching images in communication?

One potential downside is that images can be misinterpreted or misunderstood. They can also take up more storage space and require a stable internet connection to be sent and received. Additionally, some individuals may have visual impairments that make it difficult for them to receive and interpret images.

5. How has the technology for attaching images evolved over time?

The technology for attaching images has greatly evolved over time. From sending images through email attachments to now being able to instantly share and edit images through various apps and platforms, the process has become faster, easier, and more accessible. The quality and resolution of images have also improved with advancements in camera technology and image editing software.