Have a crush on the postdoc in lab

He's got a girlfriend.

I hate when that happens. You're casually talking to this girl or guy you've liked for a while, then they mention their boyfriend or girlfriend and a bomb goes off in your stomach. I know that feeling all too well.

so much pain!!! exactly... I was trying to keep chill and carry on talking... but you get that sinking feeling in your stomach...

of course, I was expecting it. he's just too good-looking and nice to be single. its impossible... but you always have hope... even though you know its not gonna happen.

is there anything more painful that falling for someone you can't have? why is it so stupid like that? why is it so easy to like them but impossible to stop it?

is this what being hooked on drugs is like?

why is there not more than 1 of each person?

This relationship section of the forum makes this place so much more interesting.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Lisa!
Gold Member
NG, you fall in love with every male you work with, this has been going on at least since you joined. The frequency with which this happens appears problematic, and it seems to consume you. Have you considered seeking therapy? It can help you gain self esteem and hopefully explain why you have this recurring problem with authority figures.

Get help and good luck to you. :smile:

That's a good suggestion since that doesn't cause any damage but you know that sounds normal to me. Maybe that' because she's sorta frustrated about what she's doing right now and needs support and help, and that makes her interested in authority figures. I think there's not much to worry about because the feelings go away as soon as she finds herself and self-confidence. But yeah, I guess a therapist can help her to solve her problem sooner.:smile:

I've been trying to put myself off him cos he's taken... its kind of working. but today I saw him standing there with that look on his face... like looking for something expectantly. looking at me. I don't know what he's looking for.

drizzle
Gold Member
I've been trying to put myself off him cos he's taken... its kind of working. but today I saw him standing there with that look on his face... like looking for something expectantly. looking at me. I don't know what he's looking for.

Be prepared! Load your guns, don't allow him to take you down! :biggrin:

Ignore it. :)

I don't want to... like all day, whenever I see him all I want is to see him smile...
so when I talk to him I feel so boring cos I think I'm boring him...
I feel super boring now. I'm afraid of presenting at the group meeting because he will be there. I'm afraid of looking super stupid in front of him.
and I'm scared other people will notice me staring at him. so embarrassing.

I wish I was fun, and always know the right things to say, and interesting.
I wish I was more easy-going.

Evo
Mentor
He might have picked up on your attraction to him and be afraid of you.

My advice? Leave him alone, forget about him and get back to your job.