Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have a crush on the postdoc in lab

1. Oct 26, 2012 #1
    there is a guy in lab and he's the most amazing guy ever...

I've never met anyone like him.

he is the most calm person ever... I can't believe it. and I have never seen ANYONE look so good in a lab coat... omg he could totally be a model, and if he modelled labcoats... omg... that would be all that anyone would ever wear.

I cant handle it!!!

and he's pretty much supervising me... so I'm working with him every day... wtf.

he's pretty much perfect. he's so cool... as in calm and so cool... as in so comfortable in his own skin ( I cannot think of a better way to put it), just so cool calm and collected.

and he is really nice, as in kind, considerate. omg... I cant deal with this.

do you know how I feel??? it is extremely uncomfortable.

I dont even want to do anything with this guy, I just feel extremely uncomfortable that he is in my life. he is unapproachable because he is too perfect. I couldn't handle any more than this. if anything would happen I think I would literally die.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2012 #2
    Someone started a thread about having crush on supervisor many months ago .. could it be you? :devil::surprised

4. Oct 26, 2012 #3
    oh... omg!!! WHAt is wrong with me!!!!!

5. Oct 26, 2012 #4

drizzle

Gold Member

:rofl:

Nucleargirl: you didn't tell us what are you doing in the lab? In other words, what got you to be in the lab in the first place?

6. Oct 26, 2012 #5
    I'm in lab to do my work!! I didnt go there to look for guys if that's what you were thinking!!

7. Oct 26, 2012 #6

drizzle

Gold Member

Good. Try to focus on that. :smile:

8. Oct 26, 2012 #7
    Fine. lets focus on that instead. I have problems in this area too.
    What do you do if another student is interested in the same research as you? and they want to do the same research that you had thought of... and they are one step ahead of you and you are scared they will be better than you? and you are scared of discussing ideas with them in case they take your ideas and run with them?

9. Oct 26, 2012 #8
    should you discuss your new ideas with other people? what if they steal your ideas and say its theirs? but if you dont discuss, how can you improve your ideas?

10. Oct 26, 2012 #9
    You sound like your brain is constantly going 100 mph, causing you to over-think everything.

Mine does that, but in all different directions.

11. Oct 26, 2012 #10
    Lol @ the infatuation nucleargirl is showing. Obviously you're a bit overboard with the infatuation. You are currently at a 10 when you should be at a 3, so bring it down and be a bit more level-headed.

but with the ideas, I would say, just use your ideas on a more functional level, not telling the "big version" of the idea, rather talking about its function in relation to what it is geared towards. That is what I do, but there is the chance that your function-talk will prop up ideas in his head to which your idea will become similar to his own ephiphany, then that would mean your idea is taken.

So just be smart and paranoid. You sound like a cool person to be around to me, but just calm down. He may be beguiling you at the moment. I remember a guy in my class always complementing me, telling me how good I looked saying, "I wish I looked as good as you...", I caught on to what he was doing when I overheard him telling one of the professor an idea I stupidly gave away. So, just be wary of those with flattering lips.

12. Oct 26, 2012 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Seems ng has gone off the infatuation topic.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. Oct 26, 2012 #12

jhae2.718

Gold Member

You challenge them to a ritual battle to the death in the grad student breakroom where, after victory, you remove their still beating heart and consume it to gain their superior research and Science! powers.

14. Oct 26, 2012 #13
  15. Oct 26, 2012 #14

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

To call that lab coat guy a RESEARCH TOPIC will let the other girl (or boy) win.
    You really need to keep your mind cool now.

16. Oct 27, 2012 #15
    infatuation-wise, I realise he is the total opposite of me, maybe thats why I like him. But like with the last one, it will probably die after a while.

17. Oct 27, 2012 #16
    Mentalist: be smart and paranoid, ok I can do that! I'm good at paranoia. Discuss ideas functionally, right, try to see what others think without giving your idea away.. but I'm not really smart enough to do that - and others are too smart to not realise. but be aware of others, ok.

Jhae: yes that is exactly what I feel like doing!! totally!! How dare they have my thoughts!!

rootx: I'm right at the beginning of that graph! smiling everyday in the lab at everyone and asking them all kinds of weird questions. My ideas are not that great?... but... I was gonna win the Nobel prize!

Arild... lol... actually I really do think all the other girls in lab like him... you can totally tell - they flirt with him. its pretty much impossible not to like him. I think even the guys like him!

18. Oct 30, 2012 #17
    he really doesn't like me... why does this always happen!!!
    and now I am getting sick... everything sucks!!! my life sucks!!!! I hate everything!!!!

19. Oct 30, 2012 #18
    .. even this?

4894341-iced-chocolate-latte-with-cream.jpg

:frown::eek::cry:

20. Oct 30, 2012 #19
    lol..... no... don't hate that... oh..... the pain!!!

21. Oct 30, 2012 #20

drizzle

Gold Member

:!!) want!!

PS. I'm not neglecting your emotions ng, but I'm pretty sure that you are aware of what you REALLY want, and I'm also sure that you'll get it. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook