VaneB Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Dec 6, 2008 #1 Homework Statement The scores on an exam are normally distributed, with a mean of 77 and a standard deviation of 5. What percent of the scores are greater than 87? Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution I don't understand what it is exactly that I have to do to get the answer. Please Help!
Homework Statement The scores on an exam are normally distributed, with a mean of 77 and a standard deviation of 5. What percent of the scores are greater than 87? Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution I don't understand what it is exactly that I have to do to get the answer. Please Help!
mutton Messages 179 Reaction score 0 Dec 6, 2008 #2 You'll need to use the probability density function or the cumulative distribution function for the normal distribution. Which one?
You'll need to use the probability density function or the cumulative distribution function for the normal distribution. Which one?