Hello there: new graduate student

• Thread starter Lylo
  • Start date
Lylo
Greetings!

I am a long-time visitor of PF, and as a new graduate student, I have finally resolved to sign up. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some helpful advice to others, but I also anticipate that I will learn a lot in seeking guidance with some of my own problems. (In fact, a particularly bothersome problem - for me, under the circumstances - has compelled me to sign up and seek help this very evening.)

I come from a small liberal arts university which is part of the UNC family of institutions, and now I am studying at a larger university in Ohio. I have elected to sit in on all their upper-level undergraduate classes for this semester in order to ensure that I am prepared for the upcoming graduate coursework. Indeed, my institution left many gaps which I am thankful to be addressing here at my new university. Aside from my B.S. in Applied Physics, I also earned a B.A. in Philosophy. I was very fortunate to also be selected to attend Vanderbilt University's 2014 REU in physics, where I conducted some computational and theoretical work regarding neutrino oscillations.

I am very excited to be here, and I look forward to speaking with you all!
Lylo

EDIT: I forgot I was not to disclose the city I reside in. Sorry!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Likes Lylo