1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP! Chem BS+Phys BA, Chem BA+Applied Math BS, or Chem BS+Math/Phys minor?

1. Aug 29, 2011 #1
    In short I'm a junior transfer with 1 year left to do my undergrad degree (constrained by time but mostly $). The physics major was too spread out for me to complete (since I only got to mechanics/EM last year); I chose chem because of the possibility of taking pchem. My math is Calc I-III and ODEs. So I'm on a chem track... For better or for worse.

I'm interested in grad physics, and I guess I have mainly fundamental theoretical/math interests: quantum (mech+EM) and 'what comes after', and nuclear/particles.

1. Now with this major, is an applied math BS (chem becomes BA) useless?
    2. Another option for me is to do a minor in physics (modern physics, and 2 electives) and a minor in math (proofs, linear algebra, 1 elective) with the chem BS. Is this better or worse?
    3. Last option is a Chem BS and Physics BA... How about this?

My schedule deadline is Wednesday and my head is about to explode :( ANY advice is appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2011 #2
    Anyone at all, please??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook