Help Fast Change in mass of Water

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of water vaporization in a sealed container at high temperature and pressure, and how opening the container can cause the water to boil and vaporize. The speaker is seeking help in determining the amount of water that vaporizes at a specific temperature and pressure, and mentions using change in enthalpy and specific enthalpy. They also suggest using the phase diagram for water to find the information.
infinite_gbps
Help Fast! Change in mass of Water

Hi Everyone,

I kind of need some quick help. If I am at a high temp 'x' and a high pressure 'p' (above 100 C and 1 atm)
in a sealed container then the water will not be boiling. But let say that you open the top. Now the water is exposed to 1 atm and the water will want to boil and vaprize because the temp is above 100 C.

How can I find out how much of the water actually vaporizes during the time it wants to go from temperature 't' to 100C. At 100C it will continue to boil but it won't be violently vaporizing, correct?

I was thinking that I can use the change in enthalpy to figure it out but I got stuck with specific enthalpy. I have the mass of the water before I open the container. I bet you guys/girls can help me figure out the mass of the water when it gets to 100C at 1 atm then I can figure out how much vaporized, correct? I know the volume at temp 't' and pressure 'p' as well for water.

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org

What is "Help Fast Change in mass of Water"?

"Help Fast Change in mass of Water" is a scientific concept that refers to the process of altering the mass of water quickly, typically through the addition or removal of substances.

Why is it important to understand "Help Fast Change in mass of Water"?

Understanding "Help Fast Change in mass of Water" is crucial because water is an essential resource for life and plays a critical role in various natural and industrial processes. By understanding how to quickly change its mass, we can better manage and utilize this precious resource.

What are some factors that can impact the mass of water?

The mass of water can be affected by various factors, such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of other substances. For example, heating or cooling water can cause changes in its mass, and adding salt to water can increase its mass.

How can we help fast change the mass of water?

There are several ways to quickly change the mass of water, including heating or cooling it, adding or removing substances, and applying pressure. These methods can be used to achieve specific results, such as melting or freezing water, dissolving or precipitating substances, or compressing or expanding the water.

What are the practical applications of understanding "Help Fast Change in mass of Water"?

The understanding of "Help Fast Change in mass of Water" has many practical applications in different fields, such as water treatment, food and beverage production, weather forecasting, and scientific research. It can also help us better understand and manage natural phenomena, such as melting glaciers, ocean currents, and precipitation patterns.