Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help for Communication simulation in MATLAB.

1. ATMEGA-16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ATMEGA-32

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. PIC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ARM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jun 29, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I want to simulate OFDM using 16-bit QAM in Simulink. The main problem that I'm facing is regarding generation of digital signals and splitting a digital signal into two or more data streams, as we require in OFDM.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have tried my bit. I have been able to simulate Analog signals, but digital signals are proving problematic for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2010 #2

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Welcome to PhysicsForums!

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your main posting (I've also reported it to the Mods in the hope that it might be moved to the actual EE or CS forum, where it may find a wider audience). As far as the poll question goes, I think it's rather subjective: are we talking types of devices, different communications modes, maximum linked devices utilizing a certain communications scheme, etc.?

4. Jul 2, 2010 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread moved to EE for now.

Welcome to the PF therash09. Can you show us the results of the simulations that you've done so far?

5. Jul 3, 2010 #4
    How can I show the results to you?

I have been able to simulate Analog Signals in MATLAB.
    But Digital signals proved problematic for me.
    However now I have got the technique.

The solution is:
    Random Integer Generator, followed by Integer to Bit Converter.
    Thankyou all who replied.

Now I have a new doubt. What is the role of "Conjugate function" in "Math functions" block in Communication simulation?

Rest, I'll keep trying and get back wth new doubts, if any!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook