Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help in Optimization using Genetic Algorithms

1. Jul 26, 2012 #1
    Currently I am doing models for my system. I have finished all of them designing three defferent controllers (Feedback Linearization Controller FLC , Sliding Mode Controller SMC and Fuzzy Sliding Mode Controller FSMC).Now I am asked to optimize the FSMC using Gentic Algorithms but I have no idea what it is or how to do it using MATLAB (gatool).
    ANY HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2012 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you know anything about what a genetic algorithm is or how they are implemented?

4. Jul 28, 2012 #3
    Sir,
    Thank you very much your reply. Frankly I am struggling because I don't have even sipmle idea about the Genetic Algorithms or how to deal with.I have been informed that there is toolbox in MATLAB which helps to implement this problem (gatool) but when open that toolbox I got even more confused what to do because I need to set the parameters and whrite code as M-file to work alongside this toolbox.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook