Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help, looking for a philosophy book about theories of everything

1. Mar 29, 2012 #1
    Hello all, I am currently trying in vain to find a book that i do not know the name of. I heard it mentioned somewhere that I can not recall so now am lost. Basically it is a book with (I think 50) interesting theories about everything. Like string theory parallel universes etc. Has any one heard of such a book or can suggest something similar?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2012 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

A few weeks ago I bought Guy Harrison's 50 popular beliefs people think are true, any chance you mean that?
    http://www.guypharrison.com/

4. Mar 29, 2012 #3
    Hey ryan thanks for the reply, i just looked that up and dont think its the book Im after, Its not really a critical analysis of the theories just some of the more out there and not so out there theories about the universe. Some with scientific reasoning behind them.

5. Mar 29, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

What about "the road to reality" by Penrose??

6. Mar 30, 2012 #5

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook