Help needed in arriving at Possible Outcomes for my theory.

• Thread starter sugarkayne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theory
In summary, the conversation is about the possible outcomes for four soccer games: Chelsea vs Arsenal, Liverpool vs Manchester United, Real Madrid vs AC Milan, and Juventus vs Inter Milan. The person is asking for all possible outcomes for each team winning, losing, or having a draw, and is looking for a formula or logical conclusion to determine these outcomes. They want the number of outcomes to be no more than 24.
sugarkayne
Hi all,

Foremost i give kudos to all the intelligent members of this forum, i am a new comer on the site and i have read some of the threads here and i commend you all for the efforts dedicated to educating us fellow human beings. Thank you.

I have a querry that seems simple but then again, seems not so simple.
All i know is that it is possible to solve but i just do not know how to go about it.

Please read and try to understand.

Chelsea vs Arsenal
Liverpool Vs Manchester United
Real Madrid Vs Ac Milan
Juventus Vs Inter Milan

What are the possible outcomes for all teams having a Draw, A Win and A loss.
In other words, what are the possible outcomes for let's say chelsea or Arsenal winning, losing and having a draw.Assuming this is the table. Let's call it Diagram A.

Teams HOME DRAW AWAY

Chelsea vs Arsenal # # # # # #

Liverpool Vs Manchester United # # # # # #

Real Madrid Vs Ac Milan # # # # # #

Juventus Vs Inter Milan # # # # # #Intepretation of the above diagram:

HOME - Means Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus Win their matches.
DRAW - Means the match ends in a draw
AWAY - Means Arsenal, Manchester United, Ac Milan, Inter Milan win their matches.
# - Stands for Inserted Table (:smile:)

Simple example to suffice for one match are the possible outcomes below: Let's call this Diagram B.

Teams HOME DRAW AWAY

Chelsea vs Arsenal #yes # # # # #

Chelsea vs Arsenal # # #yes# # #

Chelsea vs Arsenal # # # # #yes#

As you can see from the diagram above (Diagram B), one of the predictions will surely come to pass, The game must surely end in Chelsea's favor or in a draw or in Arsenals favor.

What i want, is all probable/possible outcomes/formula for all four teams together as depicted in Diagram A.

I want all outcomes or the means/formula to arrive at a logical conclusion.
Again, what are the possible outcomes for this fixture, i would like the outcomes not to be more than 24 or less please.

Thank you again.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think it's clear what you are asking.

1. What is the process for arriving at possible outcomes for my theory?

The process for arriving at possible outcomes for a theory involves conducting research, analyzing data, and making predictions based on the evidence. This process may also involve testing hypotheses and considering alternative explanations for the data.

2. How do I determine which outcomes are most likely for my theory?

Determining the likelihood of outcomes for a theory involves evaluating the strength of the evidence and considering factors such as the consistency and coherence of the data. It is also important to consider the plausibility and relevance of the outcomes in relation to the theory.

3. What can I do if my theory does not have clear outcomes?

If your theory does not have clear outcomes, it may be necessary to refine or adjust the theory based on new evidence. This could involve conducting further research, revising hypotheses, or considering alternative explanations.

4. How do I account for potential limitations or biases in determining possible outcomes for my theory?

It is important to consider potential limitations or biases in the research process when determining possible outcomes for a theory. This could include acknowledging any biases in the data collection or analysis, considering alternative explanations, and seeking input from other researchers.

5. Can I use statistical methods to determine possible outcomes for my theory?

Yes, statistical methods can be used to analyze data and determine possible outcomes for a theory. These methods can help to identify patterns and trends in the data, as well as assess the likelihood of different outcomes based on the evidence.