1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help on personal statement for summer research :redface:

1. Jan 12, 2008 #1
    help on personal statement for summer research!!!:redface:

HI everybody.
    I am in community college(in california) taking second semester of university physics and differential equations. I am planning to apply for summer research in physics (may be to ucla, caltech, and some other university) for which i have to submit a personal statement. But the thing is i don't have any idea about writing personal statement, can anybody help me?
    or any of you have done summer research? What am i suppose to learn before applying for summer research, any softwares, courses? Which university accept more student for summer research?
    i would be grateful on you guys for your advice :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2008 #2
    What I did

Last summer I had a great Internship at the NSF, and although it wasn't a research internship on paper I ended up doing research a small but fun research project. Coming from a small school in Puerto Rico, I had the same problem as you did, I didn't know what to write for my statement. What I decided at the time was to write something as sincere and honest as possible but at the same time displaying my most profound research interests although I knew that it wasn't very specific. It worked for me last year and I'm going to try it again this year. I hope that helps

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?