Help with a Primary Standard Equation

• Thread starter SolidSnake
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Standard
In summary, the conversation is about determining the equation for a reaction between Potassium Biphthlate and Sodium Hydroxide, both dissolved in water, in order to standardize the sodium hydroxide. The resulting equation is NaOH + KHC8H4O4, and all components are in aqueous form. There is also a separate discussion about calculating the hardness of water.
SolidSnake
I can't seem to get an equation for this reaction.Potassium Biphthlate + Sodium Hydroxide give me what? Both are dissolved in water. Need to figure out the equation to standardize the sodium hydroxide.

NaOH + KHC8H4O4 -->All are aqueous.

EDIT: read the sticky right after posting, sorry will post in the other section delete pls.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
determination of EDTA in water

Hardness of water

how can we calculate the Hardness of water please give detailed calculation
thanks
jani

jani said:
Hardness of water

how can we calculate the Hardness of water please give detailed calculation
thanks
jani
determinition of the EDTA in water

1. What is a primary standard equation?

A primary standard equation is a mathematical formula or relationship that is considered to be the most accurate and reliable method for calculating a particular quantity. It is often used as a reference point for other calculations or measurements.

2. How is a primary standard equation determined?

A primary standard equation is determined through extensive research and experimentation. Scientists conduct multiple trials and tests to determine the most accurate and consistent way to calculate a particular quantity.

3. Why is a primary standard equation important?

A primary standard equation is important because it provides a standardized method for calculating a particular quantity. This helps to ensure accuracy and consistency in scientific research and experimentation.

4. Can a primary standard equation change over time?

Yes, a primary standard equation can change over time as new research and advancements are made. It is important for scientists to continuously review and update these equations to ensure they are using the most accurate and up-to-date methods.

5. How can I use a primary standard equation in my research?

You can use a primary standard equation in your research by referencing it as a reliable method for calculating a particular quantity. It is important to properly cite and credit the original source of the equation in your work.