Who is the new university physics student on the forum?

• Thread starter Bobster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary: I don't even know what the joke was supposed to be about...In summary, a new member named Bobster introduces himself as a university physics student and gets a warm welcome from the forum members. They joke about scaring off previous newbies and try to "tie down" Bobster to the forum. Bobster mentions that he is from Britain, causing some excitement among the members. There are also some inside jokes about certain forum members, but Bobster seems to fit in well and is welcomed to the forum.
Bobster
Hello everyone !
I've just joined this forum.I am a university physics student.Just wanted to drop in and say a big HI ! to everyone !

Physics news on Phys.org
Howdy Bobster!

THANK GOD I GOT TO YOU FIRST!

Last time a newbie posted here (named Sandra) everybody scared her off.

Now this time, guys and girls, don't scare away the new ones.

ESPECIALLY Chrono, Jimmy and Evo... that back hair thing was pretty weird...

Bobster said:
Hello everyone !
I've just joined this forum.I am a university physics student.Just wanted to drop in and say a big HI ! to everyone !

Hello Bobster.

We are a friendly type. We are not strange in anyway. :rolleyes: You should find some nice, helpful people here.

Welcome Bobster. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
We are a friendly type. We are not strange in anyway.

And from the post Sandra first posted (we scared her away):
The Bob said:
We are not strange, funny or unusual in anyway.

Bob, twice now you've said that... You don't think saying that scares people away, do you?

Bobster, please don't leave.

Seriously though, if there's ever anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. :wink:

amwbonfire said:
Bob, twice now you've said that... You don't think saying that scares people away, do you?

Trying to show that we are like that and avoiding the point with the opposites.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Heya ! Thanks for welcoming ! i don't see why people get scared and run away :confused: .Anyways i am here to stay.Might be busy with loads of stuff to do at uni but i'll try my best to pop in and have fun frequently! :cool:
Bye for now ! :smile:

Yah Bob! Looks like we've finally snatched one... let's tie him down... :devil:

:biggrin:

So what specifically are you studying at uni?

I only ask because we need to get to know our victims before we... woops, I mean... well I was just asking...

(only joking) :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
amwbonfire said:
Yah Bob! Looks like we've finally snatched one... let's tie him down... :devil:

Yes, fast. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Let's put him in the BIG cage, OK? If he's a uni student, he'll need lots of room for his books... :biggrin:

Welcome, Bobster! (Don't worry. We only get like this because we're a little.. you know... different. :wink:)

Last edited:
Welcome to PF Bobster! I think you will find this is a fun and helpful place.

You may stop by the hospitality room any time to pick up your new PF member "Official Welcome Kit". This handy kit contains helpful information such as warnings about, I mean information on some of our PF regulars, as well as a key to the exclusive PF "Members Only" restroom. On your way out you may help yourself to some fish, or try our new PF low carb cereal.

Don't believe what they say about jimmy p, it's only partially true! :biggrin:

The Bob said:
...We are not strange in anyway...
Me thinks he protesteth too much.

Welcome Bobster! :biggrin:

Mental Note: Don't mention jimmy p, Evo, or The Bob

Oops, did I just write that?

Howdy Bobster. Welcome to PF and enjoy the ride ! :smile:

<psst...stay under the speed limit...the cops here can get pretty nasty...:wink: :biggrin: >

welcome, welcome, welcome, as another Uni student, I welcome you, so you are welcomed, and please feel free to be welcomed

Hey bobster. I have a step sister that goes to uni (assuming you mean university of northern iowa)

PF is awesome. I have no doubt you'll like it here.

Paden Roder

Hiya !

I do Bsc.Astronomy with Astrophysics

BTW : I am a Brit,so you know...we have a different accent :tongue2:

Evo said:
On your way out you may help yourself to some fish, or try our new PF low carb cereal.

I didn't know we now had crab. WOW.

Artman said:
Me thinks he protesteth too much.

:rolleyes:

Artman said:
Mental Note: Don't mention jimmy p, Evo, or The Bob

There is nothing wrong with us. We are nice, friendly, strang... erm... unusua...erm... nice. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Bobster said:
Hiya !

I do Bsc.Astronomy with Astrophysics

BTW : I am a Brit,so you know...we have a different accent :tongue2:

OOh a NeWbIe now! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! and you are British... goodo. What uni you at?

Yeah, to quote stereophonics "half the lies they tell aint true", I'm not quite the person everyone thinks I am really, sure I have a leash and I live in the attic, and I get fed a bucket of fish-heads once a week, but you know, you got to live somehow.

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy.

jimmy p said:
OOh a NeWbIe now! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! and you are British... goodo. What uni you at?

Yeah, to quote stereophonics "half the lies they tell aint true", I'm not quite the person everyone thinks I am really, sure I have a leash and I live in the attic, and I get fed a bucket of fish-heads once a week, but you know, you got to live somehow.

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy.

so YOU'RE Bart Simpson's evil twin brother, OMG this is amazing, i know a celebrety

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
so YOU'RE Bart Simpson's evil twin brother, OMG this is amazing, i know a celebrety

Guilty as charged... though Bart was actually the evil twin. So.. how do you want your autograph? scanned and emailed? Or in the post? :tongue2:

Welcome.

Don't forget to send me the $100 registration fee.

BTW some of you others still haven't paid up!

Chi Meson said:
Welcome.

Don't forget to send me the $100 registration fee.

BTW some of you others still haven't paid up!

:uhh: Uhhh... registration fee?

Why doesn't anybody tell me anything?!?

Andy
AMW Bonfire

It's OK. Most people have been sendxing bottle caps, and old coffee filters.

No more tacks though! I won't take them.

I'm not a tacks collector.

*Ba da BOOM*

thank you, you've been a great crowd.

:rofl: :rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was brilliant! :rofl:

Hahahaha... haha.. ha... I don't get it at all? How is that funny? :confused:

Why would you collect tacks anyway? What a dumb joke. :grumpy:

Andy
AMW Bonfire

amwbonfire said:
You don't think saying that scares people away, do you?

AMW - shhhh! Bobster will think we're desperate.

ahem.. Hi Bobster! Welcome to the forums! :smile:

Hmmmm, where's Bobster?

Evo said:
Hmmmm, where's Bobster?
New rule:
Let's just let PRodQuanta do all the talking. None of us (jimmy p, The Bob, Evo, amwbonfire, Chi Meson, Math Is Hard, i_wish_i_was_smart, Gokul43201, tsunami, myself) may greet the new members until the door is locked behind them and they are safely locked away in our basement. Oops, did I say that outloud? :rofl:

Artman said:
New rule:
Let's just let PRodQuanta do all the talking. None of us (jimmy p, The Bob, Evo, amwbonfire, Chi Meson, Math Is Hard, i_wish_i_was_smart, Gokul43201, tsunami, myself) may greet the new members until the door is locked behind them and they are safely locked away in our basement. Oops, did I say that outloud? :rofl:

Hehe. :rofl: :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Artman said:
New rule:
I think that's a very good policy. Prod's so good at putting the unsuspec- I mean - new member at ease...Maybe we could give Prod a little PF Welcome Wagon badge to wear ...make it look real convincing... yeah..I like that idea. :devil: :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
I think that's a very good policy. Prod's so good at putting the unsuspec- I mean - new member at ease...Maybe we could give Prod a little PF Welcome Wagon badge to wear ...make it look real convincing... yeah..I like that idea. :devil: :approve:
A Welcome Wagon badge! They will never suspec...I mean they will be hooked before they..I mean, that would be lovely. :devil: :smile:

Yeah but your plan is no fun for us Artman. And my fun is paramount to anyone elses wishes.

I am still here,still busy at uni registering and stuff.Hope I'll be free soon to contribute !

Bobster said:
I am still here,still busy at uni registering and stuff.Hope I'll be free soon to contribute !
Yeah! It's the Bobster! Whaooo, we thought you got awa... :uhh: I mean we were concerned because we hadn't heard from you. :biggrin: (jimmy p and The Bob, grab him. Evo, quick, lock the door! )

1. Who is the new university physics student on the forum?

The new university physics student on the forum is a student who is currently studying physics at a university and has recently joined the forum to engage in discussions and seek help from others.

2. What is their background in physics?

The background of the new university physics student on the forum may vary. They may have taken physics courses in high school or have a strong interest in the subject. Some may have previous experience in physics through internships or research opportunities.

3. What motivated them to join the forum?

The new university physics student may have joined the forum for various reasons. They may be looking for a community of like-minded individuals to discuss physics topics with, seeking help with coursework, or wanting to stay updated on the latest advancements in the field.

4. What contributions have they made to the forum so far?

It depends on how long the new university physics student has been on the forum. They may have asked questions, shared their insights on certain topics, or provided helpful answers to others' questions. Their contributions will likely increase as they become more active on the forum.

5. Are they open to collaborating with other forum members?

It is difficult to say for certain, as it depends on the individual student. However, many university physics students are open to collaborating with others on projects or studying together for exams. It never hurts to reach out and ask if they are interested in collaborating on a specific topic or project.