High School Student Looking for College Physics Course in New England

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
mezzoforte
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm a high school student...I was wondering if anyone could help me find a college where I'd be able to take a physics course over the summer (it doesn't matter if it's for credit or not). I live in Massachusetts, and would prefer a program in New England. If there are any pre-AP or SAT II summer classes, I'd be interested in those as well. :D
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You'd probably be best off by looking through the websites of universities near you, or even emailing them about it. It'll depend heavily on what level physics course you want to take. I'm not sure if many colleges have pre-AP or SAT II courses per se, but if you'd be willing to take a college intro level physics course, I'm sure you could find somewhere--there are a lot of good schools in your area, and most good ones offer intro level summer classes. That might be a bit advanced for you, though, since most of the students normally in those classes have had some high school physics, if not AP already.
 
(I'm a junior and taking physics I currently. :p )
I feel like I've looked everywhere...either the cost is too much, or the classes start before my last day of school. Or if the college is far away, it doesn't offer housing. D:
Could someone recommend some schools for me to look into that would allow high school students over the summer?
 
This isn't hugely relevant advice, but is it possible to dual-enroll the desired physics class in the Fall? If so, you could try some self-study in the meantime.

I'm afraid that's the best advice I can give, but is it a decent alternative?