Highway Maintenance Costs: What's the Average Annual Cost?

  • Thread starter Thread starter luckycharms
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    maintenance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 12K views
luckycharms
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but I thought maybe some civil engineers might have an answer.

What is the average annual cost per lane-mile for highway maintenance?


Ballpark answer/order of magnitude is all I'm looking for. I know there are a lot of variables, so assume typical US interstates, 30-40 years old, four season weather, moderate level of truck traffic.

Just doing some back of the envelope calculations for personal interest, but I thought this must be something civil engineers estimate when they build a road. Thanks in advance.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/2002cpr/ch24.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator: