Historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich on small and large time scales

In summary: CO2 levels to temperature.In summary, this article discusses the correlation between CO2 levels and temperature.
Alain De Vos
Hey, I'm interested in temperature recordings for the last 10 years but also for an estimate in the last billion years, this for hobby and fun. There are a lot of public sources but problem is many sites are torn down and others are created, so I feel very in the wild, it's like finding a tree in a forest.
Which site, which credentials exist at : 2019/02/20 :)
Thanks for any direction.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Alain De Vos said:
Hey, I'm interested in temperature recordings for the last 10 years

that should be easy with archived recordings from the local MET office
Alain De Vos said:
but also for an estimate in the last billion years,

probably impossible for anything more than 150 - 200 years into the past

Alain De Vos said:
last billion years,

Dana L. Royer did an estimation of the radiative forcing during the Phanerozoic in "CO2-forced climate thresholds during the Phanerozoic". Besides this I don't know something going even before this.

Alain De Vos said:
Hey, I'm interested in temperature recordings for the last 10 years but also for an estimate in the last billion years, this for hobby and fun. There are a lot of public sources but problem is many sites are torn down and others are created, so I feel very in the wild, it's like finding a tree in a forest.
I cannot speak to the billion years, but the last decade of New York, is covered fairly well by
NOAA's climate at a glance.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/city/time-series

For the long-term temperature record, this Wikipedia page is a good place to start. It has estimates on several different time scales, although it only goes back a half billion years.

Likes pinball1970
Alain De Vos said:
https://web.archive.org/web/2012022...geochem_cycles/reading_list/sigman_nat_00.pdf

CO2 levels too if you are interested in the correlation

Likes Genava

1. What is the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich based on?

The historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich is based on recorded temperature measurements taken from weather stations and other sources such as satellite data. These measurements are then compiled and analyzed to create a comprehensive dataset.

2. How far back does the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich go?

The historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich goes back several decades, with some records dating back to the late 19th century. However, the accuracy and availability of data may vary depending on the time period and location.

3. Is the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich reliable?

Yes, the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich is considered reliable as it is collected and analyzed using standardized methods and equipment. However, there may be some discrepancies or errors in the data due to human error or technical issues.

4. Can the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich be used to make predictions about future climate change?

Yes, the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich can be used to make predictions about future climate change. By analyzing the trends and patterns in the data, scientists can make informed projections about potential changes in temperature over time.

5. How is the historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich used in scientific research?

The historic temperature data in New York/Greenwich is used in various scientific research studies, such as climate change studies, weather pattern analysis, and environmental impact assessments. It is also used to validate and improve climate models and to understand the effects of temperature on various ecosystems and human activities.