History of the Earth's Axial Tilt

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TheAzn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Axial History Tilt
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
TheAzn
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
The degree of the Earth's axis has changed throughout history.
If I am not mistaken, I believe that people can make very accurate estimates about the historic degrees of the Earth's axial tilt.

If this is the case, then I would like ask some questions
1. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 1000 years ago?
2. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 1500 years ago?
3. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 2000 years ago?
4. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 2500 years ago?
5. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 3000 years ago?
6. What was the degree of the Earth's axial tilt 5000 years ago?

I would like thank you in advance for anyone who has provided the answers to these questions.

*To the moderators, these are not homework questions. It should be obvious, since this doesn't even sound like homework problems. Instead, I ask these because of my own private research*
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi TheAzn!

Have you tried googling for Earth's axial tilt?
I believe that will give you your answers.

Btw, what kind of private research are you doing?
 
I like Serena said:
Hi TheAzn!
Have you tried googling for Earth's axial tilt?
I believe that will give you your answers.

Hmmm, I haven't thought of that. Thank you for the suggestion!

Btw, what kind of private research are you doing?
My research will be based on the climate of China 5000 to 1000 years ago.