How Are Pendulums Used in Safety Testing for Land Rover Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ahem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pendulum Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Ahem
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
HELP! URGENT! Physics Cwk - Pendulum

Physics Coursework - UK, England, Gaydon - Land Rover Car Manufacturer - How Physics is implemented? - Safety Test - Pendulum

Basically, I'm kind of stumped on how pendulums are used in testing for safety. What sort of calculations/equations would I need to use? Why is this particular test done/purpose? What makes it a good technique? Limitations? Suggestions for another way to test a car, instead of using a pendulum? Does test have applications elsewhere, in other industries?

I also have to talk about velocities the pendulum will simulate at different degrees e.g max height, min height, 90 degrees.

ANY help will be appreciated, thank you!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
From what I can find on the web, pendulums are used for testing floor slipperiness and for impact tests. A pendulum is just a simple way to get an object to move with a known speed.
 
kamerling said:
From what I can find on the web, pendulums are used for testing floor slipperiness and for impact tests. A pendulum is just a simple way to get an object to move with a known speed.

Can you elaborate? I'm really not getting this :redface:
 
Anybody please? Feel free to help, my deadline is tomorrow :(