How can a Personal Computer be used as a load in Harmonic Monitoring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vikasjoshi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Harmonic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
vikasjoshi
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,I am Vikas Joshi and I'm studying last year Electronics Engineering. I am doing project on Harmonics Monitoring using Micro-controllers. I have some doubts about it.They are as follows:
1.How to detect Harmonics from Single Phase supply.What kind of circuits I should use to detect specific order harmonic component?
2.How to give that detected harmonic to ADC channel?
3.How to display harmonic waveforms on graphical display?
4.If I want to use Personal Computer as load then how will be my interfacing diagram with power supply?
5.How to eliminate the harmonic components and what is the position of detection circuits and elimination circuits?
By the way I am using 89S52 Micro-controller.I can do the same using PIC also.
If anyone has solutions about these questions then you can mail it to me at my mail address:
vikassoftware9617@gmail.com.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
You did not state what frequency range you need.

The simplest way to do that is just to sample the waveform as fast as possible. Use an anti-aliasing analog filter before sampling. Then the sampled data can be analyzed for frequency content using an FFT algorithm. That would answer most of your questions.
vikasjoshi said:
If I want to use Personal Computer as load then how will be my interfacing diagram with power supply?
Huh? That doesn't make sense. I can't imagine what you are asking about.