How Can I Apply to Cambridge or Oxford from Canada?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hyious
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
hyious
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cambridge university or Oxford. I probably won't have any chance at getting there, but I would like to apply once I'm done high school.

Right now I'm at a 95% average, and I'm taking academic courses instead of applied. I've heard of stuff such as GCSEs and A*'s and I have no clue of what they are. I live in Canada right now, and I would be so delighted to have someone assist me. What my GPA would need to be to what courses I would like to take.

I'm very interested in astrophysics, physics, astronomy. Most of all I love cosmology and math. Do you guys have any idea?

Would I need to be reconized as a foreign student or what? I'm getting really stressed right now.

By the way, my GPA is around 3.74.

Edit:
Also, I graduate my high school at 17 years old, and I've also heard that mostly everyone is older then 18. Would it be smart to enroll in a foreign exchange program and get my GCSE's somehow that way?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
About 1 in 5 get in, but it's less for internationals.

You will find that the application process is explained in great detail at
http://www.cam.ac.uk/"
http://www.ox.ac.uk/"


You have to apply though UCAS for UK schools. It's a common app.
http://www.ucas.com/"

Your GPA would have to be close to a 4.0, these are very tough schools to get into, especially being an international.

If you love math and cosmology, then astronomy/astrophysics is your thing. I'm currently applying to various universities with great astronomy/physics programs(Clemson, OSU, Arizona, Penn State, MSU).
 
Last edited by a moderator: