How can I build a wood gasifier for my truck and generator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ftheog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wood
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Ftheog
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
hey guys, I came to your great forum because of a tv episode on nat geo the other night. Evo posted a thread that is creating a lot of waves in the prepping community

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=510194"

but anywho I digress, I asked a question about building the wood gasifier and Evo suggested I post this here, on this part of the video you can see they built a wood gasifier to run their truck and genny, any ideas how I can go about doing this? thanks for your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=20fjEKnjDxU"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
bueller, bueller, forest? bueller


ben-stein.jpg
 
I'm sure you've already Googled "wood gasifier" and seen the large number of webpages and articles on it from a hobby or survivalist or back-to-nature perspective. If you want a more technical source of information you might check out the text Biomass Gasification and Pyrolysis: Practical Design and Theory by Basu.