How can I efficiently build a boomilever using only wood and glue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter backdoor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Build
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
backdoor
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am a high school student and for a class projecI have to build a boomilever. Except for the atachment base I can only use wood and glue. Any type of glue can be used. Inculding gussets, it must be constructed of wood no longer than 1/4 inch high and 1/4 inch wide in cross-section. If dowels are used, they may not have a diameter greater than 1/4 inch. There is no limit on the length of idividual wood pieces used in the construction.The entire attachment base may not exceed 30cm x 20cm 1/2 inch thick and permanently attached to boomilever. When mounted to the testing wall no part the of the attachment base may extend farther than 1/2 inch from the wall.

I would greatly appreciate help/tips on building this boomilever, this is my first time and i will be graded on efficiency.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
First, do a quick search. There have been a few threads already on this topic. See where that takes you and then come back with more questions.