How can I create a motion sensitive toy that lights up and makes sounds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nuclear-rabbi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
nuclear-rabbi
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
First and foremost, my name was supposed to be nuclear-rabbit, but due to a character limit, is nuclear-rabbi. So if anybody takes this post as mocking of any kind towards judaism, rabbis, or the atomic energy commission, I apologize and had no choice.

Anyway, hi. In the midst of being tired of representing myself as one of those people that never actuates anything, I've decided to actually try executing a random idea. I'm a father that recently had an idea for a children's toy and while I don't expect it to be necessarily the next big thing, still fancy it as somewhat innovative.

I don't have an engineering background in the slightest and was wondering if anybody could point me in the general direction of what I am looking for. One of the primary functions of the toy, after experiencing movement of any kind, is to light up and broadcast various sounds.

I'd be interested in hearing suggestions on any parts, books, or instructional materials of any kind on fabricating such a device.

Thank you so much for your time.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi. Welcome to PF.
The easiest way would be to get a ready-made toy that sounds, and then add the feature you want.
By the way- Movement of any kind -- is kind of vague. Movement of the toy or movement of anything in the room? The former is much easier. :)
 
Thanks so much for the reply. It was my initial impression that id be doing just that - getting something that bears certain similarities to what I am looking for. As far as the motion sensitivity is concerned, its actually not detecting motion in a room, but detecting motion to the object itself. once done it lights up, makes sounds, avoids killing people. things like that :)