Fourier mn Thread starter Dec 10, 2008 #1 Homework Statement How can I find out if a medium is dispersive or not, only with its wave equation? Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution
Homework Statement How can I find out if a medium is dispersive or not, only with its wave equation? Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution
gabbagabbahey Homework Helper Gold Member Messages 5,000 Reaction score 7 Dec 10, 2008 #2 Well, what physical quantities are affected by whether or not a medium is dispersive? What is the wave equation in a general medium?
Well, what physical quantities are affected by whether or not a medium is dispersive? What is the wave equation in a general medium?
turin Homework Helper Messages 2,314 Reaction score 3 Dec 11, 2008 #3 gabbagabbahey said: What is the wave equation in a general medium? I am eagerly awaiting the answer to this question, and I would be satisfied to find out what is the wave equation in a generally dispersive medium (and frequency domain equation doesn't count).
gabbagabbahey said: What is the wave equation in a general medium? I am eagerly awaiting the answer to this question, and I would be satisfied to find out what is the wave equation in a generally dispersive medium (and frequency domain equation doesn't count).