How Can I Perform Quadratic Regression on an HP 50g Calculator?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter stephen92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Quadratic Regression
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
stephen92
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Just went against the tide of the school and bought an Hp 50g Calculator(love RPN!) however to my dismay the calculator does not appear to do quadratic regression. Now my teacher is pressuring me into using a ti and I can't stand them now that I've gotten used to RPN.
Does anyone know how to make the thing do quadratic regression?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
stephen92 said:
Just went against the tide of the school and bought an Hp 50g Calculator(love RPN!) however to my dismay the calculator does not appear to do quadratic regression. Now my teacher is pressuring me into using a ti and I can't stand them now that I've gotten used to RPN.
Does anyone know how to make the thing do quadratic regression?

Reply
I just got an HP50G myself (I am a gret lover of HP and RPN too, this is my 5th or 6th HP)

I don't know if the calc does it directly but it is greatly programable. You could save your new quadratic regression program in a VARiable (like a file folder) under a specific directory of your choice and recall it when you need it (with the soft keys).

Enjoy!