How Can I Automatically Simplify Fractions on My Hp 50g Calculator?

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter graycolor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Simplify
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 10K views
graycolor
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
I remember setting my calculator so it would automatically use the expand function or simplify fractions for me in RPN mode.Since I did a reset I don't know how to put that function on again.



For example if I was to put 1 enter 3 divided, I would get 1/3 then if I were to multiply by 2 the calculator would give this 1/3*2

I want the calculator to automatically simplify the fraction to 2/3. This is done automatically in algebraic mode how can I do this with rpn.

Hp calculators are very confusing.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Solving it is very easy. Press MODE, then press CAS and uncheck "Approx". I know it's been 8 years, but maybe someone could be interested.