How Can I Pursue a Career in Medicine with Physics Skills?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDocat
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
MrDocat
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
After overthinking the situation, for various reasons you can hint from my prev. topics, I decided I will leave electronics engineering and try to get a place on med school. The only thing is that I'm very skilled on math, love physics, was doing really great on the unified exams on engineering, and don't want to waste it, nor lose the touch. What would my fellow physicists suggest for me?
I'm mainly interested on physics.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you become a Doctor then you will be too busy to keep up your physics/EE education or even apply it in any way. The only way I can think of to be both involved in physics and involved in the medical field is to enter the Medical Physics stream. Most Medical Physicists end up working in a Hospital doing radiation oncology.