How can I tell that I'm in a depression episode?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter rrnmarie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Depression
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
rrnmarie
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I want to know how I can define a depression episode, detailed info please?
Should I check the doctor when I first experience the symptoms?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
rrnmarie said:
I want to know how I can define a depression episode, detailed info please?
Should I check the doctor when I first experience the symptoms?

Yes, please do talk with a doctor or mental health professional. We cannot provide medical diagnosis help here. Thread is closed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Some health services provide self assessment tools that can be useful to do before visiting a doctor, more than anything they can help clarify how you are feeling:
http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

No matter what though it is best to book an appointment and talk to your doctor rather than looking for help first online.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person