How Can One Tube Inside a Spinning Tire Remain Stationary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Meganktn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Spinning Tire
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Meganktn
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



so I am doing a project where we need to invent something and we have our idea and we are working towards a clear focused idea put we hit a bump in the road

I need to know if there is any possible way to have this scenario work...

Inside a tire in two tubes, one for air and one for liquid. How can I make the second tube not spin? As the tire is moving we all know it will be spinning and spinning, but the inside we want the water to fall and move with the water while the tube in not spinning, ,...we also have something inside the second tube we want to stay in the same spot...

IS there any physical or scientific way to make this happen?

tyvm
-Megan
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Could you clarify the question and what you are asking? I read it 4 or 5 times and i can't make heads or tails of what the problem is.
 
You're asking if there's any way to have the tube with the water inside stay still while the tire rotates, correct?

If so, I think you'd have to mount something to the inner tire, a sort of bearing system that is nearly frictionless and will keep the tube still as the tire and the mounting system rotates. Creating the bearing system would probably be the easiest part of this; however, I'm not sure how easy mounting something to the inside of the tire would be. Also, due to non-perfect conditions, the tube would probably still jostle around a little bit while the tire rotates.

Hope this helps, and good luck!