How can you measure frequencies in the human body?

In summary, a stethoscope can pick up a range of audio frequencies, a sensitive microphone can detect a much wider range, and of much lower power, a spectrum analyzer will show you the frequencies in signals your microphone picks up, EEG and EKG machines pick up different frequencies, and a measured change would indicate a problem.
delphi2036
I read posts from a few years ago regarding measuring frequencies in the human body. I am wondering if there are any new developments. What devices can measure frequency? Thanks!

Biology news on Phys.org
A stethoscope can pick up a range of audio frequencies. A sensitive microphone can detect a much wider range, and of much lower power.

A spectrum analyzer willl show you the frequencies in signals your microphone picks up.

Likes delphi2036
delphi2036 said:
I read posts from a few years ago regarding measuring frequencies in the human body. I am wondering if there are any new developments. What devices can measure frequency? Thanks!
EEG and EKG machines pick up different frequencies as well...

Likes delphi2036
delphi2036 said:

frequency of what?

Is there anything that can measure the overall frequency of the human body? Or certain organs or body parts? I'm wondering if there is a frequency difference between healthy and unwell human tissue. Also- Is there a frequency difference between humans in different emotional states, and how could you scientifically measure these things?

delphi2036 said:
Is there anything that can measure the overall frequency of the human body? Or certain organs or body parts? I'm wondering if there is a frequency difference between healthy and unwell human tissue. Also- Is there a frequency difference between humans in different emotional states, and how could you scientifically measure these things?
This sounds like nonsense. We do not discuss nonsense here. We have mentioned several medical instruments that can be used to measure specific rhythms in the human body. If you have a scientific reference to what you are asking about, please post it so this thread does not get closed.

Likes Evo
delphi2036 said:
That does sound kind of something woo-woo describing what you have heard or read as a misrepresentation by someone that everything has a natural frequency, and a healthy body has a rhythm in tune with the yada yda. Be discriminatory with some information out there OK

Getting back to the scientific aspect of studying biological organisms, the human body in particular, there are some frequencies and periods that can be measured. You can do a lot of them easily yourself with a clock or watch with a second hand, or even a calendar. Others can require more elaborate equipment, as mentioned above.
some you can easily measure would be:
Menstruel cycle for women - around every 28 days
Breathing - breaths per minute. That can change, as you know, when the body is relaxed, or under stress
Heart rate - beats per minute
Sleep/awake cycle - daily
Steps per minute when walking, or running.
Eye blinks per minute

Any more that you think of yourself.
Can you think of, for the examples I gave, how a measured change would indicate a problem?

Likes berkeman
256bits said:
That does sound kind of something woo-woo describing what you have heard or read as a misrepresentation by someone that everything has a natural frequency, and a healthy body has a rhythm in tune with the yada yda. Be discriminatory with some information out there OK

Getting back to the scientific aspect of studying biological organisms, the human body in particular, there are some frequencies and periods that can be measured. You can do a lot of them easily yourself with a clock or watch with a second hand, or even a calendar. Others can require more elaborate equipment, as mentioned above.
some you can easily measure would be:
Menstruel cycle for women - around every 28 days
Breathing - breaths per minute. That can change, as you know, when the body is relaxed, or under stress
Heart rate - beats per minute
Sleep/awake cycle - daily
Steps per minute when walking, or running.
Eye blinks per minute

Can you think of, for the examples I gave, how a measured change would indicate a problem?

delphi2036 said:
You can see STEMI on 12-lead EKGs, and sometimes on Lead-II.

You can also "hear" PVCs when taking your patient's (Pt's) radial pulse. You will hear/feel a missing heartbeat with a slightly elevated next beat.

You can also hear/feel atrial fibrillation in a Pt's radial pulse. Most Pts know about the A-fib issue, but sometimes they don't and it's important to recommend that they talk to their doc about it to get them on prophylactic blood thinner meds.

Quiz Question for the OP -- Why?

Likes jim mcnamara
The post that I read from 2009 said he used an oscilloscope to measure his and his wife's frequencies. I just thought that was interesting and wondered about that and other possibilities.

delphi2036 said:
The post that I read from 2009 said he used an oscilloscope to measure his and his wife's frequencies. I just thought that was interesting and wondered that and other possibilities.
You never furnished the sources Berkeman requested and now it appears it was just some nonsense, thread closed.

Likes jim hardy and berkeman
delphi2036 said:
The post that I read from 2009 said he used an oscilloscope to measure his and his wife's frequencies. I just thought that was interesting and wondered about that and other possibilities.
That's nonsense. Please don't let yourself spiral down such ratholes. Please reject nonsense, and use mainstream resources like the PF and other mainstream science resources to learn about reality.

Thank you Evo for closing the thread.

Likes Evo
Without scientific references, this thread will remain closed.

Likes jim hardy
The scientific references are to see what the OP has been reading, not that we question whether the human body resonates. There is a lot of woo-woo and alternative medicine that claims to heal or diagnose illness based on "frequencies, this is why we ask.

If you scroll down to "similar discussions", you will find other threads about human body frequencies.

Last edited:

1. How do you measure frequencies in the human body?

There are several techniques that can be used to measure frequencies in the human body, such as electroencephalography (EEG), magnetoencephalography (MEG), and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). These methods involve using specialized equipment to detect and record the electrical or magnetic signals produced by the body.

2. What types of frequencies can be measured in the human body?

The human body produces a wide range of frequencies, including brain waves, heart rate, muscle activity, and biochemical reactions. These frequencies can be measured using different techniques and can provide valuable information about the functioning of the body.

3. Why is it important to measure frequencies in the human body?

Measuring frequencies in the human body can help us understand how different systems and organs are functioning, and can provide insight into potential health issues. It can also be used to monitor the effects of treatments and interventions on the body.

4. Can frequencies in the human body indicate illness or disease?

Yes, changes in frequencies in the human body can be indicative of illness or disease. For example, an increase or decrease in certain brain waves can be a sign of neurological disorders, and abnormal heart rate frequencies can be a sign of heart problems. However, further investigation and analysis are necessary to make a definitive diagnosis.

5. Are there any risks associated with measuring frequencies in the human body?

The techniques used to measure frequencies in the human body, such as EEG and fMRI, are considered safe and non-invasive. However, there may be some discomfort or potential risks associated with certain procedures, such as exposure to strong magnetic fields in the case of MEG. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before undergoing any frequency measurement procedure.