How Can You Prove the Efficiency of a Vibrating Spring in a Lab?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
crazy_nuttie
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I know the answer to this question but I just need to know how I can prove this in a laboratory fashion...

Here is the question:

Why doe s a spring continue to vibrate and eventually come to rest when stretched and then released??

It has something to do with calculating efficiency but I don't know how to prove that in a lab.

Homework Equations


I think you have to use Ee = 1/2 k x^2
F x = +/- k x

The Attempt at a Solution


I know the answer to the question but I need to verify how I can prove this if asked to do so in a lab

Thanks a lot!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Find some notes on damped harmonic oscillator.