1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do Gullstrand's equations work?

1. Sep 20, 2012 #1
    I learned this equation:

P = P1 + P2 - dP1P2 and some equations describing where the main planes go, but I can't remember how they work and I'm trying to look it up on the internet. I've looked at dozens of sites and many of them have the equivalent focus equation or the main plane equation but they don't explain how they relate to each other or even show a corresponding picture. I've looked at dozens of sites for hours and I can't find anything. I don't know why the entire internet has to be **** at explaining anything above High School level. Could someone please post the relevant equations that go with the one I posted and explain how the sign convention works, where the "Hauptebene" go, etc? I really have tried but I can't find anything that doesn't already assume that you already know everything. Please someone help it should only take a paragraph.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2012 #2

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

4. Sep 22, 2012 #3
    I already saw Hyperphysics explanation and it is ****. It literally just lists 3 equations without explaining what their relation to each other is or explaining the sign convention.

I found a different explanation online that completely covered the entire topic in just 6 lines.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook