How do I add games to my TI-83 Plus Silver?

In summary: You can find the TI Connect software at ti.com/connect. Alternatively, you can download it from the TI support website at support.ti.com/downloads/. If you have a Windows computer, you can install the software by following the instructions that come with the software. If you have a Mac, you can download the software from ti.com/connect and install it using the software that came with your computer. You can find the TI Connect software at ti.com/connect. Alternatively, you can download it from the TI support website at support.ti.com/downloads/. If you have a Windows computer, you can install the software by following the instructions that come with the software.
php111
How do I add games to my TI-83 Plus Silver? Are there any instructions on how to add them? How do I play them once they are on my calculator? I lost my calculator software drivers CD, and I don't recall what else was on that CD. Could I get another copy of the CD online for freeware? If so, where can I get? I would ask Google, the reason why I don't. I ask the same exact questions to Google as I am posting on these forums. I can never find anything.

Computer science news on Phys.org
A Google search on "Texas Instruments calculators" led me to the TI web site, where I quickly found the page about the TI-83 Plus Silver:

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_ti83pse.html

You can download guide books, software, etc., and there are instructions for downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
jtbell said:
A Google search on "Texas Instruments calculators" led me to the TI web site, where I quickly found the page about the TI-83 Plus Silver:

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_ti83pse.html

You can download guide books, software, etc., and there are instructions for downloading.

I don't understand how to program/download using it. I get very fraustrated and annoyed when I don't understand. Google php111. Then you will see that I don't understand. Looking at a guide is not easy for me nor looking at tutorials. I am very hard to teach. I didn't even see a guide or tutorial. I don't even know what is the name of the software that my calculator uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will likely need your cd or download the PC drivers and install on your computer. Then hookup the data connector to your PC from your TI. Or you can share games TI to TI, so find a friend and connect each to the data connector.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You will likely need your cd or download the PC drivers and install on your computer. Then hookup the data connector to your PC from your TI. Or you can share games TI to TI, so find a friend and connect each to the data connector.

1.) Where can I find the PC drivers? I didn't see where I can get them on the above link?

2.) I don't have anyone who has a TI.

3.) Where can I learn to program games into my TI, or do you have the time and will you teach me, Greg?

php111 said:
1.) Where can I find the PC drivers? I didn't see where I can get them on the above link?

At the left side of that page is a menu "Product Information" with an item "Downloads". Click on the little box next to the word "Downloads."

You'll now see a sub-menu with an item "Download Instructions." Click on that item (it's a link).

You'll now see a short page with a link "Step-by-step app download instructions." Click on that link.

You'll now see a page with instructions, and a link for downloading the TI Connect software for your computer, which is what I think is what Greg is calling the "PC drivers."

1. How do I transfer games to my TI-83 Plus Silver calculator?

In order to transfer games to your TI-83 Plus Silver calculator, you will need to use a computer and a link cable. Connect one end of the link cable to the calculator and the other end to the computer. Then, use a software program like TI Connect to transfer the game files from your computer to your calculator.

2. Can I download games from the internet directly to my calculator?

No, you cannot download games directly from the internet to your TI-83 Plus Silver calculator. You will need to transfer the game files from your computer to the calculator using a link cable and software like TI Connect.

3. Where can I find game files for my TI-83 Plus Silver calculator?

You can find game files for your TI-83 Plus Silver calculator on various websites such as ticalc.org or calcgames.org. Make sure to download games that are compatible with your specific calculator model.

4. Is it possible to play games on a TI-83 Plus Silver calculator without deleting my current programs?

Yes, it is possible to play games on a TI-83 Plus Silver calculator without deleting your current programs. You can use a program called MirageOS, which allows you to run programs and games without deleting other programs on your calculator.

5. Can I create my own games for the TI-83 Plus Silver calculator?

Yes, you can create your own games for the TI-83 Plus Silver calculator using a programming language called TI-BASIC. This language is specifically designed for use on TI calculators and there are many tutorials and resources available online to help you get started.