Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I add games to my TI-83 Plus Silver?

Tags:
  1. Oct 22, 2008 #1
    How do I add games to my TI-83 Plus Silver? Are there any instructions on how to add them? How do I play them once they are on my calculator? I lost my calculator software drivers CD, and I don't recall what else was on that CD. Could I get another copy of the CD online for freeware? If so, where can I get? I would ask Google, the reason why I don't. I ask the same exact questions to Google as I am posting on these forums. I can never find anything.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2008 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

4. Oct 22, 2008 #3
    I don't understand how to program/download using it. I get very fraustrated and annoyed when I don't understand. Google php111. Then you will see that I don't understand. Looking at a guide is not easy for me nor looking at tutorials. I am very hard to teach. I didn't even see a guide or tutorial. I don't even know what is the name of the software that my calculator uses.

5. Oct 22, 2008 #4
    You will likely need your cd or download the PC drivers and install on your computer. Then hookup the data connector to your PC from your TI. Or you can share games TI to TI, so find a friend and connect each to the data connector.

6. Oct 22, 2008 #5
    1.) Where can I find the PC drivers? I didn't see where I can get them on the above link?

2.) I don't have anyone who has a TI.

3.) Where can I learn to program games into my TI, or do you have the time and will you teach me, Greg?

7. Oct 26, 2008 #6

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

At the left side of that page is a menu "Product Information" with an item "Downloads". Click on the little box next to the word "Downloads."

You'll now see a sub-menu with an item "Download Instructions." Click on that item (it's a link).

You'll now see a short page with a link "Step-by-step app download instructions." Click on that link.

You'll now see a page with instructions, and a link for downloading the TI Connect software for your computer, which is what I think is what Greg is calling the "PC drivers."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?