Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i bookmark a forum search?

1. Oct 15, 2007 #1
    how do i bookmark a forum search? in particular, a search for my own posts.

i am only searching for new posts so google is useless.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

You can click on your name on the front page of the forum and you'll get the option to search for the posts you have made. They'll come up in order (most recent first).

4. Oct 15, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If all you're interested in doing is searching for your own newest posts, click on your name over there on the left
    <-------
    and in the drop-down menu you get, select "view more posts by granpa"
    This will take you straight to a list of your posts, most recent displayed first.

You can do this for any user whose posts interest you.

5. Oct 15, 2007 #4
    none of those links gives the same results that the forum search does. forum search lists threads and i can tell immediately whether anybody has added a post to those threads.

6. Oct 15, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, if you want to know if someone has replied to a thread, you might want to consider enabling subscriptions to threads you post in/create. You can do that through the User CP.

7. Oct 15, 2007 #6
    yeah i forgot about that. i had to turn it off because my browser kept crashing but now that i have a new browser and a new email program i guess i should turn it back on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?