How do i bookmark a forum search?

• Thread starter granpa
  • Start date
In summary, to bookmark a forum search, you can click on your name on the front page of the forum and select "view more posts by granpa" in the drop-down menu to see a list of your own posts in order of most recent first. This option is also available for any user whose posts interest you. However, this method may not give the same results as the forum search, which lists threads and indicates if there are new posts. To receive notifications for replies to specific threads, you can enable subscriptions through the User CP.
granpa
how do i bookmark a forum search? in particular, a search for my own posts.

i am only searching for new posts so google is useless.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can click on your name on the front page of the forum and you'll get the option to search for the posts you have made. They'll come up in order (most recent first).

If all you're interested in doing is searching for your own newest posts, click on your name over there on the left
<-------
and in the drop-down menu you get, select "view more posts by granpa"
This will take you straight to a list of your posts, most recent displayed first.

You can do this for any user whose posts interest you.

none of those links gives the same results that the forum search does. forum search lists threads and i can tell immediately whether anybody has added a post to those threads.

granpa said:
none of those links gives the same results that the forum search does. forum search lists threads and i can tell immediately whether anybody has added a post to those threads.

Oh, if you want to know if someone has replied to a thread, you might want to consider enabling subscriptions to threads you post in/create. You can do that through the User CP.

yeah i forgot about that. i had to turn it off because my browser kept crashing but now that i have a new browser and a new email program i guess i should turn it back on.

1. How do I bookmark a forum search?

To bookmark a forum search, you can click on the "Bookmark" button located at the top right corner of the search results page. This will save the search for future reference.

2. Can I bookmark multiple forum searches?

Yes, you can bookmark multiple forum searches by clicking on the "Bookmark" button for each search result. This will save each search individually for easy access in the future.

3. Will my bookmarked forum searches be saved if I clear my browsing history?

Yes, your bookmarked forum searches will still be saved even if you clear your browsing history. Bookmarks are stored separately from browsing history.

4. How can I organize my bookmarked forum searches?

You can organize your bookmarked forum searches by creating folders or categories within your bookmarks. This will help you keep track of different types of searches or topics.

5. Can I access my bookmarked forum searches on a different device?

As long as you are signed in to the same account, you can access your bookmarked forum searches on any device. Bookmarks are synced across devices for your convenience.