How Do I Calculate the Enthalpy of Isooctane at 500 K?

  • Thread starter Thread starter siddharth23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    enthalphy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
siddharth23
Messages
249
Reaction score
26
✱✱ member reminded to use the template provided ✱✱
I have to calculate the enthalpy of isooctane at 500 K.

Isooctane is a liquid at room temperature and whenever enthalpy is to be calculated, it is from the standard state (278 K temperataure, 1 atm pressure).

Do I calculate enthalpy upto boiling point, then use latent heat of vaporization and from that point calculate enthalpy upto 500 K using h = mCpΔT ? And if so, do I use the same value of Cp throughout?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What's the question say? Is it specific? Free form? Approximate?
 
It says to calculate the enthalpy of isooctane at 500 K on a kJ/kmol basis
 
You haven't been given any constraints beyond units, so you are free to do as you wish.
 
Can you post the question again with more information ?